RE: [NetEpic ML] 5.0 review

From: Weasel Fierce <weasel_fierce_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:06:56 +0000

>So when I see dark clouds cathering in the horizon, and feel we have made a
>wrong turn I must speak my mind! It is not my intention to be
>reactionistic,
>however I strongly feel that many of the changes sugessted thus far has not
>improved the game, but rather the oposite! And I fear for some of the more
>controversial rules in some of the armylists.
>Anybody think the Wind Rider Host is to cheap??? Don't like Freecards???
>Think Chaos Cards are to powerfull??? Dont like pulse lasers??? Think Squat
>preatorians are to cheap??? If Yes in any of the above or similar
>questions,
>ask yourself how would I feel about this rule if I played this army????
>
>On the up side, this type of discussions generally leads to a lot of
>traffic
>on the list, which is fun!

Okay..I dont intend to sound hostile or offensive...so dont be ok ? :)

But..from that point of view..I could make a space marine unit..lets call it
the �bertank.
�bertanks have a 2+ fixed saving throw that can be rerolled twice. a CAF of
+18 (they have dozer blades you know) and mounts 8 lascannon.

Th� �bertank detachment costs 350 points. Now..since you dont play space
marines (lets assume you dont *grin*) you have no idea of how to judge that
army, and you cannot validly argue that my tank is underpriced or over
powered.

Weasel

How many lives will be taken today?
How many times will we just look away?