RE: [NetEpic ML] 5.0 review

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 15:07:34 +0300

Ok, I think I'll start looking for potential cost decreases in SoB and PDF armies already. How 'bout cheap Retributors or Punishers? A free card of Eradicators or Archangels? Free Human Bombs? Half-Priced Penal Legions?

> However, one must respect the fact that each and every army
> has it's own
> nature! The nature of this beast is not to be equal!
> Diversety is NetEpics
> strongpoints in more than one respect. And trying to pin this
> precisely down
> in a fromula, is IMHO impossible!!!!

Yet the game uses a point system for establishing forces of equal capacity. If the point system does not accomplish that without restorting to free or cheaper-than-normal units it is obviously incapable of fulfilling its function and should be fixed, since it does not represent the capability of different units well.

> Balance is a fragile thing, increase the cost of the Wind
> Rider Host, and
> you must compensate the Eldar in another manner in order to
> balance out the
> army again......

Notice that the cost change would affect all armies, we're not just talking about Wind Riders here. If the point costs are changed, some units will become more expensive while some will become cheaper.

> Nils

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is money.