RE: [NetEpic ML] 5.0 review

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:21:51 +0300

[snip]
> > Shut up and do as I say, huh? I wouldn't exactly call Peter
> a "non-expert".
>
> This is not what I said, and hope this list need different
> points of view
> to grow, this is the purpose for the presence of so many
> members in the
> list, different experiences, different tactics, different
> cultures and so on.

Obviously, but the bottom line of the statement seemed to me to be: "Anyone who thinks there's anything wrong with the Eldar and especially WRH is obviosly a non-expert who shouldn't be messing with things his superiors are more fit to handle."

> I think that when Peter asked me to join the list (years ago)
> he expected
> that I was someone with a specific skill about Eldar and
> marine Armies and
> not someone always willing to agree with him.
> He is IMHO one of the most expert Epic player that I know, He
> played since
> the beginning AT and so on, I think he's a great guy and an
> old friend, but
> above of all he's a member of this list, period.
> I give my contribution to this list based on my experience as
> an Eldar
> general, I have no reason to defend a cheesiness of Eldar
> Army, is not
> really funny for a veteran to play with an army that don't
> gives you the
> opportunity to test your ability more and more every time you
> play, but I
> think that if someone could be changed for an Epic Army race
> the better
> judge is an expert player of that race, the one that after
> years (years) of
> games knows at first sight what's wrong on his race and not
> someone that
> look from outside.

You are allowed to speak but let the experts decide?

Since using the above definition I'm totally unfit to propose any changes whatsoever to any army, not to mention to be a project leader it may be best if someone else takes over the Imperial revision. Some super-expert who eats and breathes Imperium and has been doing so for the past 20 years. Any takers?

> I can only guess ideas about Tyrannids, Orks or Squats, I can give my
> opinons but I don't risk any judgment for radical armies
> changes on other
> races, and I leave this duty to more "expert" players than
> me, not expert
> in general but expert 'couse they really knows their races as
> a second skin.
>
> --
> Lorenzo Canapicchi
> TXT e-solutions S.p.A.
> Via Frigia 27, 20126 Milano Italy
> tel: 02.25771.460
> http://www.txt.it

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is money.