Old Armies, New Divisions

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 08:27:40 -0400

>Armies of the Imperium- Jyrki, Weasel, Josh
>Defenders of the Imperium- Jyrki, Weasel, Josh

Question: Why do we have two Imperial books? I've looked at the Imperial
forces and there're basicly four armies:

Planetary Defense Force

Imperial Guard - Sisters of Battle are equivalent but with fancy names and
better special units

Space Marines

Titan Legions - I prefer the origional name to the, IMHO, wimpy and
non-descriptive "Tech-Guard"

Proposal #1: Have two Imperial army books. One covering the PDF and
Imperial Guard, the other with Space Marines and Titan Legions. That
divides the Imperial forces into those that generally stay on a planet, and
those that travel all over the place. Special branches would be included in
the appropriate book (SoB in the first, unique Chapters in the second).

Proposal #2: Have four Imperial army books. I propose this on the basis
that the current "Armies of the Imperium" is already too big to staple. *grin*

I can accept a "I like it the way it is" arguement, but please don't give
me any "that's the way GW does it" stuff. They're GW and we're NetEpic -
I'd like to think that *we* make some sense.
-Yar