RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Analysis - Help!

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 07:59:07 -0400

Hi!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jarreas Underwood [mailto:jarreas_at_...]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 11:23 PM
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Analysis - Help!

Alright. I've picked apart most of the Imperial, Eldar and Ork units -
174
units so far. I'll finish up later this week. Right now, I need help.

 1) Ork stuff is just plain wacky - I'm doing a WAG on the funky weapons
and comparing their effects to more conventional weapons. Any
suggestions
on how to handle this?

For orks there is Wacky and useful and not so useful. For example pulsa
rokkits are wacky but useful so they should cost roughly what an
equivalent one shot artillery should cost. IN this case they cost 250
just like deathstrikes do, sit is about right. Bubble-chukkas are wacky
but not very useful. While this may change in revision, I think you
should equate it to a known weapon lets say lascannons and cost it
lower. There is no hard and fast rule, but if you don't think its that
useful, let it go cheap, otherwise cost it high.

 2) I want to be sure to take a look at the known broken, um...
"controversial" units. The WR Host is one that's come up - others?

I don't think any of them are really controversial, just that people
have different takes on what fair price is and is applied. Preatorians
in general need a re-cost, but I think you where leaving titans and such
units aside. There's no other units that I can think of I nth category
if the wind rider host.

 3) Only 15 of the 174 units have costs rounded to the nearest 25. Who
would object to eliminating this, and how strongly? Why?

I have never liked the 25 point deal, but I think I'm in a minority
there.

 4) I've noticed a few differences between the origional Space Marine /
Renegades / etc army cards, and the current NetEpic costs. I assume
these
were argued over - do I want to touch that?

Touch everything, even those that were changed did not do so under a
real strict points formula policy.

 5) I've received one (1) feedback from when I asked for input on this
project (Thanks Peter!). Unless you give me your opinion on what's
important (CAF vs. armor vs. movement, for example), your disagreement
with
the results will be duly ignored. Thank you.

<grin> Duly noted, if you don't give an opinion don't groan about the
results. So people know what I told Jar I rated the stats in order of
importance thus:

1. Armor save
2. To hit roll
3. Save modifier
4. CAF
5. Morale

Finally, I'll be covering six armies - four Imperial (PDF, IG, SM, TL),
Eldar & Ork - so if the appropriate project leaders could please keep an
eye out for my proposal, I'd appreciate it. Who're the Eldar & Ork
leaders,
anyway?

Here they are:

Core rules
Armies of the Imperium- Jyrki, Weasel, Josh
Defenders of the Imperium- Jyrki, Weasel, Josh
Chaos- Mete, Josh
Tyanids- Kirk Troy (this will be bumped forward or left to at the end as
per Kirk's free time)
Eldar- Lorenzo,(eldarepic) and Zerloon
Squats- Albert (after July 6th).
Orks- Brandu