Re: [v5.0]About flyers

From: antichrist666it <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 17:50:26 -0000

Nice units!

--- In netepic_at_y..., <jyrki.saari_at_n...> wrote:
> Some opinions of mine; comment away.
>
> 1) Thunderbolt's CAF should be lowered to +3.
> 2) I know this is not the Eldar revision, but this affects the
Imperial one also: should Nightwing's CAF be raised by 1?

> The new units:
> Lightning Fighter
> The STC templates for lightning were only recently discovered and
it has only started to enter service in the Imperial navy. This and
the fact that it requires more advanced technologies to build than
the Thunderbolt makes it comparatively rare unit. The Lightning is
more agile than its predecessor, the Thunderbolt, and is better
dogfighter. it is armed with two lascannons (count as linked) and a
long barrelled autocannon.

> Move: 100 cm
> Save: 4+
> CAF: +4
> Weapons: Long Autocannon/Lascannon
> Range: 50cm/50cm
> Att. D: 2/1
> To Hit: 4+/5+
> TSM: 0/-2
> Notes: Thruster
>
> Lightning Squadron: a special card of 3 Lightnings.
> Break Point: 2
> Morale: 3
> Victory Points: 3
> Cost: 325
>
> Marauder Destroyer
> The desroyer variant of the Marauder was originaly developed for
low level operation at night time. It is even more heavily armed than
the Marauder and as a consequence even more ponderous. However, any
ground units will regret facing its wrath.

> Move: 70 cm
> Save: 3+
> CAF: +1
> Weapons: Autocannons/Twin-linked Assault cannons/AT-Missiles/Bombs
> Range: 50cm/35cm/50cm/0cm
> Att. D: 6/2/1/template
> To Hit: 5+/5+/4+/5BP
> TSM: 0/0/-2/-1
> Notes: Thruster, does not combine barrages.The bomb barrage may be
placed on any unit the Destroyer flies over.

> Marauder Destroyer Squadron: A special card of 3 Marauder Destroyers
> Break Point: 2
> Morale: 3
> Victory Points: 4
> Cost: 400
>
> Jyrki Saari
>
> -There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and
time is money.