[NetEpic ML] Re: Shield Systems

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 10:29:31 +1100

At 12:15 PM 12/15/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Ah, how about this.....give each void shield a saving throw. Make it a 1+ so
>that only weapons with a -1 save modifier has a chance of taking one out.
>This would adhere well to the Titan shield fluff material. Large weapons
>would almost be assured of knocking a shield down.
>
>Things like the Ball Round and Cyclops gun knock shields down in a
>progressive manner. First one saves at a -6, second one at a -5, third one
>at a -4 and so on.

This is something I have been thinking on as well for the issue of shields
(and I may have mentioned it earlier, I can't remember). It sounds just
fine. I think this would be the way to go for shields.

So what is the general consensus from everyone with the discussion on Titans?

a) Leave them as they are.
b) Make shields tougher.
c) Make the Titan itself tougher.
d) Make BOTH the shields and the Titan tougher.

I myself would prefer c) as I think that Titans are supposed to be massive,
powerful and heavily armoured machines that can wade through most infantry
and lighter tanks with contemptuous ease but I would be happy with b).
Especially with the system proposed above.

Comments?

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."