[NetEpic ML] Re: Shield Systems

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 20:14:20 -0800

Actually, although I think some of the neat rules alternatives I came up
with were interesting, and maybe even better than what the game
designers came up with. (Yes, my head has begun to swell) :) The
trouble with titans boils down to one thing. The reactors on Warlord
titans blow up a little too easily.

Hey, how about ANOTHER solution?

1) Increase the save of the reactor on the front template to 1+.

2) Increase the repair ability from 5+, to 3+. So shields come back
   more often, and damaged parts that CAN be repaired, have double the
   chance. (Of course this would apply to all titans!)

> So what is the general consensus from everyone with the discussion on Titans?
>
> a) Leave them as they are.
> b) Make shields tougher.
> c) Make the Titan itself tougher.
> d) Make BOTH the shields and the Titan tougher.

  Otherwise, my vote is A.

  I don't want titans to be so powerfull that they can strut around
the battlefield killing everything they come across.

  Titans, to me, are part of Combined Arms force selection. Infantry,
artillery, tanks, aircraft, and Titans. Each unit has it's own
strenghts and weaknesses. The army that wins, is usually the army that
most sucessfully combined it's strenghts to the enemys weaknesses.

  Luck, although it seams to run hot and cold, is averaged in the end.
Most of the time when you think you are rolling hot, your just rolling
average.

I like the fact that a Ratling can bring down a Titan! A real David and
Goliath story. Kind of gives you a warm fuzzy feeling. ;)

Warprat