Tech adept vs. a Squat

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 12:05:25 +0300

I have always found this piece of fluff extremely funny.

The Tech-adept rewound the tendrils into the stump of his wrist.

"The nature of this device is not clear to me," he said mournfully. The short figure at his side bustled up to the console.

"Well, shift your spanners and let's have a look at the thing." The Tech-adept sidled uncomfortably away, and the Squat peered into the casing.

"Now, then," continued the Squat, as much to himself as to the Adept, "Hydroplastic power transmission, controls attached to a timer and what looks like an encoder, a pressure chamber at the centre surrounded by..." The Tech-adept, who was looking over the Squat's shoulder by this time, shot a manipulative tendril into the machine seizig a frayed and broken end of cable.

"If we remake this join..." he began, enthusiastically. The Squat laid a restraining hand on his arm.

"I really wouldn't recommend it." he said "You see, I interpret this device as an unusually complex plasma bomb, and the cable you are holding goes direct to the arming mechanism."

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is money.