Re: Heresy Rules Query

From: barriel41 <barriel41_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 15:01:34 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., "Peter Ramos" <primarch_at_c...> wrote:

> By the way, as the creator of Heresy, I am REALLY interested in
you're
> input on how the game plays and how you would fix anything in
> particular.

Hi Peter

Wow - I am REALLY impressed with the rapid response rate on this
forum...Web master AND game designer both replying within an hour or
so! LOL!

Actually I haven't played with the rules yet but here is my
background...

Long time historical gamer (30 years) and sci-fi fan. Got into WH40K
in late 80's when my young son and I rather thought the orginal 40K
rogue trader Space Marines were pretty good. Followed on into the
Epic scale stuff.

My son stopped playing in the mid-90's and I packed the models away
to concentrate on other projects.

Over the past couple of years I have built up a large WW2 Soviet army
in 6mm (1:300) scale and have a lot of terrain models in the same
scale. A friend (who has some epic Eldar) and I thought it would be
fun to do some Epic 40K again but were not happy with the original
rules. We have tried a few other 6mm Sci-fi rules (Dirtside etc),
plus a whole bunch of free ones on the net but they were:

a) Way too slow and complex (Dirtside)
b) too simplistic
c) Did not have any of the tech-Gothic atmosphere of the original
Rogue Trader 40K universe (which always rather appealed to me).

Soooooo...... I finally found the various epic groups on yahoo and
the trail led to Heresy. I plan to read the rules over the weekend
and hopefully will be able to give them a try in the next few weeks.
However, they seem to offer what I am looking for and, more
importantly, have all the army lists etc ready to go!

BTW I am half of a company called TimeCast, which produces a range of
scale model buildings for wargamers. We do extensive ranges for 17th -
 20th century Europe, plus scenic items such as hedgerows and trees.
We have plans to produce buildings for sci-fi games in due course
(production schedule permitting). We have a website which shows lots
of photos of our models:

http://members/lycos.co.uk/TimeCast/TimeCast.htm

Best wishes

Barrie