[NetEpic ML] Re: Weapon revision: thoughts

From: Daniel Wiebell <dwiebell_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 20:23:47 PST

Hi

>These changes should be simple, but will add a lot of tactics. Tanks will
>be used as such and infantry will tend to target infantry units, but be
>occasional able to shot down a tank. By far close assault will be the most
>effect method to take out tanks by infantry.
>
>Any other ideas?

I like the dual attack system mentioned earlier, I think AT had it. A longer
range attack representing small arms, and a shorter range attack with a save
modifier representing grenades, meltaguns, short range anti tank rockets,
etc. Infantry would have to choose one or the other. This system would work
best if we decided to go with the hard/soft attack system or a similar rules
change that would prevent normal infantry from harming tanks at long range.

Dan