[NetEpic ML] Re: Medics

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 17:46:40 +1100

At 10:11 PM 12/16/99 -0800, you wrote:
>That sounds good to me as well. But what about units with fixed saves? Do
>they not get any advantage from the Medic or a second save?

Units with fixed saves could simply get a bonus to the fixed save.
(Termies always save on a 5+ instead of just a 6+ for example.)

>Perhaps a bonus to their save? IE +1 to Save (if no save they then have a
>6+). Multiple medics increase the benefit to a max of perhaps +2?

NO! Multiple Medics should have no additional effect. This makes for a
system open to far too much abuse, even if you limit the increased modifier.

>I don't know, since Medics are special units you never have many of the guys
>running around. I know I've never had a game made or break because of them.

Heh. You've never played against the kind of people I have then. I had a
guy who had a Medic for EVERY Marine company he bought and because of the
Allies rules, bought a Warlord Battlegroup too boot. He then created a
wall of Marines, all with a 5+ fixed save. They were bloody hard to shift,
believe me. If the save can be modified, then the Medics are useful, but
not overly effective, as they should be. There should be some hits that
even a Medic with high tech devices can't save.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."