RE: [NetEpic ML] Poin Cost

From: Weasel Fierce <weasel_fierce_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 12:22:07 +0000

>I don't think the current point costs are wrong, so my suggestion would be
>to leave the point cost structure be as it is :)Otherwise the number of
>stands in an units and FREE commisars might even out much of the score for
>IG. Same goes for the orks, their large numbers compensate for their more
>intricate command structure.
>
>On the SM vs Eldar comparison you need to keep in mind that the Eldar
>detachments usually have only 4 stands. This is a very important
>difference!!!! Thus they should be kept somewhat cheaper! This is probably
>why they have the ultra cheap wind rider host in the first place, to
>balance
>out the army. If you where to pay like a 1000 points for it, youd be in
>trouble before the game even starts. But this we have been down this path
>time and time again and it's a dead end!

allright...dont get into why army lists are not balanced. I've barely
crawled out of the trenches from the last discussion :)

And..small detachments can be an advantage too. Higher flexibility and
honestly...did you ever try to mobilize 10 IG stands ?

You need 5 chimeras for that. 2 support cards

Weasel

How many lives will be taken today?
How many times will we just look away?

Pennywise - One voice