Re: [NetEpic ML] Poin Cost

From: Lorenzo Canapicchi <lorenzo.canapicchi_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 10:08:05 +0200

Weasel Fierce wrote:
> Well, look at the marines. They have good troops,

You call terminators (and teleported terminators), assault, grey knoghts,
Inquisitor, battle compnay, devastator company, Bloodclaw, Grey Hunter,
Great Company, simply *good*? ..heck!

> mobility, and more staying power. However...lack of decent artillery,

mmmh well:
Tarantulas, scorpions, off table barrage, Thunderhawk Gunship, Marauder
Fighter-Bomber.

> NO superheavy tanks, no long
> range firepower to kill off heavy targets (all guns with -3 TSM is 50 cm
> range or less), meaning they basically cannot hurt titans and superheavy
> tanks.

Warlord Titans mounted with vortex, plasma and so on (reaver Titans, scout
Titans)

> And their titans are limited to special cards.

as Eldar btw, the only non special are scout (like for SM)

> Also, apart from the scouts, which arent very good, they have no cheap
> disposable troops. And..apart from terminators, they have nothing to compare
> to aspect warriors, nids and other weird bugs.

aspect warriors compared with termies?? ehi :o) let's be serius.
You only can compare normal troops with aspect, things like: assaults, grey
knoghts, battle compnay, devastator company, Bloodclaws, Grey Hunters,
Great Company, that you can take also as *Company* cards, the only thing
compared with termies are Exarchs, but they are a special, costs 400 points
(without transports or teleport)

Consider after this that SM can take IG as allies, this means artillery and
so on.
They're not outrageously better than Eldar but a little all around better
units and more flexible for sure.

> Just my viewon the marines weak sides.
>
> The eldar arent weaker than anyone else. Just different :)
>

> Happy gaming down there in Italy :)

Thanks, hope to have another game this week end :o)

P.S. someone posted something about "the cult" a while ago, I'm collecting
stuff to build an Army, there is something for rules yet?
Greetings.

--
Lorenzo Canapicchi
TXT e-solutions S.p.A.