RE: [NetEpic ML] Poll results for netepic

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 18:33:58 -0400

>I suggest TWO restrictions, addendums to the rule, to keep it civil and
>balanced are:
>
>1. NO special cards are allowed as allies. This keeps titans and most
>other "goodies" that don't belong as allies.
>
>2. NO repeats of company cards or support cards. This one eliminates
>bringing "too much" of a good thing, since allies would send small
>amounts of things.
>
>Opinions?
>
>Peter

I've always understood that any force built from an army list has to be
complete unto itself - and that'd apply to both your main force and the 25%
ally force. That is, you have to buy at least one Company Card and can have
up to 5 Support & 1 Special for it. It's not stated in the Net Epic rules,
but it is in the old Space Marine books. I can state it in version 5 is
folks think it's needed.

As for no repeats, I'm of the opinion that we should structure the army
lists to make it unneccessary to state. I'm waiting for feedback on the
rough draft of the SM army book, and I'll probably make a similar
suggestion when we get to Orks. Probably on the order of only one of any
Clan Card, but unlimited Support Cards for it. I dunno - I'll be crunching
some number in the next month to see how it goes.
-Yar