RE: [NetEpic ML] Poll results for netepic

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 18:06:47 -0400

Hi!

The poll saw 2/3 majority for allowing allies up to 25% of the total
points.

Allies have always been permitted under GW epic rules. Net epic never
made any official ruling on this leaving it up to players to decide, now
it's been voted on and there is a clear majority.

I understand the impact it has on the game. For many years I played
against armies with allies and am well aware of the challenges they
offer. While it offers a challenging game it's hardly overkill, much
less so to an experienced players. It does leave a "bad" after taste
though if you haven't played against such a force before.

I suggest TWO restrictions, addendums to the rule, to keep it civil and
balanced are:

1. NO special cards are allowed as allies. This keeps titans and most
other "goodies" that don't belong as allies.

2. NO repeats of company cards or support cards. This one eliminates
bringing "too much" of a good thing, since allies would send small
amounts of things.

Opinions?

Peter