Re: [NetEpic ML] Poll results for netepic

From: Albert Farr� Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:33:40 +0200

Hi,

I think this is not correct. I remember that different SM chapters didn't coun't as allies. Even more, AFAIK in 2nd edition you were allowed to purchase support cards from different chapters and allocate them as support to ANY SM company card.* Restrictions in SM support cards were that fielding a veteran company from one chapter forbid you to purchase veteran detachments from the SAME chapter. Indeed, many battles are fought with two or more SM Chapters fighting together. A good exemple might be Battle for Armaggedon.

In the other hand, I didn't see anywhere Dark Angels forbidden to ally with Space Wolves. I know fluff says they don't get *quite* well, but in the end they are disciplined troops and if forced to act together probably they would do.

If fluff forces DA to NOT be able to fight alongside SW, I propose that opposite Chaos powers neither do.

We've always played that SM may ally with IG, TL, PDF, SOB and also (but only against Chaos, ORKS or Tyranids) Squats. In few special cases we might allow SM allying with Eldar or Slann.

Actually long ago while still playing 2nd Edition without TL, we played a combined SM/Eldar against Chaos battle as a final Scenario for a campaign.

The combined forces of Chaos Powers won.

Albert

* I'll look for it if I have time later.