RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Black Templars - new units

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 18:41:01 -0400

>Close combat in NetEpic is something final and decisive
>
>Thats why saving throws are ignored, superheavies do not roll on their
>charts, and shields are not effective.
>
>I dont think regeneration shoudl break this trend
>
>Weasel

Unfortunately, I agree. I say unfortunately because I'm gonna argue the
other way. The main problem arises with multiple-wound creatures. If we
don't alow regen to work on wounds suffered in CC we have to differentiate
between CC and other wounds, and someone already predicted the arguements
that'd cause.

The way we run regeneration around here a minor variation of the official
rule. Once a creature suffers it's total wounds it's turned over and
consitered dead, but you can still shoot it - just tack on more wound
counters. In the end phar you roll dice for every counter and if it's got
more counters than wounds, remove the model. That way we can pour fire on a
downed bio-titan or Dominatrix and it's not gonna get up from 18 wounds in
a turn. *grin*

Anyhow, I digress. I like the way regen works now. Creatures with multiple
wounds suffer 1 wound for every point they lose the roll - it's easy to do
lots of wounds this way when you gang-bang a Dominatrix. If you'd like to
put up a poll we can see if there's a trend for a change.
-Yar