[NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0]Iron Hands

From: antichrist666it <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:44:57 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., <jyrki.saari_at_n...> wrote:
> [snip]
> > > SPECIAL RULES:
> > > While Blood Angels have a reputation of ferocity and savageness
the
> > Iron Hands have a reputation of complete ruthlessness, lack of
mercy
> > and burning hatred. Any morale checks made when fighting against
Iron
> > Hands receive a -1 modifier.
> >
> > This sounds new to me... where you got this fluff?
> >

> WD262, with a little of my own moulding. They don't get this
benefit in 40k, but with fluff descriptions of "entire populations of
rebel planets" rising against the corrupt officials when they heard
of the coming of Iron Hands and Iron Hands summarily executing one in
three citizens in terrible mass-cleansing campaigns it really seemed
appropriate.

Interesting! Yep, good rule in this case...

> [snap]
> >
> > Sounds good... I'll come back later with some other units... :P
> >
> > Don't you think IH chars (like the Iron Father) should have a 6+
> > regeneration save due to their bionics?
>
> This could be an option. At least veterans and terminators should
be considered, since the mechanization of Iron Hands increases with
age.

IMHO, only IH characters should have it (Iron Fathers, Captains,
Chapter Master and Librarian, if they have it).

> > And the possibility for the
> > chapter to field at least Basilisks?
> >

> I thought of this. With their close ties to Adeptus Mechanicus and
reverence to machines this wouldn't be so far-fetched. However, the
Basislisks would definetely be a special card.

Indeed.

> Jyrki Saari
>
> -There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and
time is money.