Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Blood Angels proposal summary

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 23:41:24 -0400

>First: re-rolls are for all CHARGING BA units in close combat w/i
>10cm.

That's why I said "effectively" - if you're halfway strategicly competant
you'll put him right behind your charging infantry. You're not gonna have
him hang back near your first-firing troops. I still say he's too powerful
- so how about this:

The guy has the abilities as you say - all models on Charge Orders within
10cm get to re-roll a falure in Close Combat. This is his *only* special
ability - he is not a Command unit nor does he have the HQ targeting
protection. If he's up there screaming and shouting and inspiring folks
around him to greater frenzy and bloodthirst - he's a target. That makes
him vulnerable on the way in and balances out his worth once there.

This puts him the same catagory as Weirdboy Battletowers - the things that
you just *can't* let live. The towers are worth their weight in gold just
for the fire the enemy has to throw at 'em. This guy'd be the same - I
*can't* afford to let him near a melee, so I'll unload both my Artillery
Companies at him. I kinda like it, actually.

>Second: Maybe we can introduce a 4+ roll to use the power?

Like Weasel said - the power should be automatic. It's easier to use that
way and I like easy. And Weasel, if you take *that* the wrong way I'm gonna
have words with you. *grin*
-Yar