RE: [NetEpic ML] Ground Zero Games

From: Darryl Hilbig <darrylhilbig_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 01:52:39 +0000

Dirtside is a 6mm Generic game in that the weapons can be redisgnated as you
want. Has rules for designing vehicles, units etc with a costing that goes
with it. It ties into Stargrunt which is their 25mm Sci-Fi and uses the
same set up (ie you can use the exact same units, weapons etc as the
nomenclature and effect tends to be the same) lending itself to campaign
uses allowing for large and small scale games in the same campaign.

Another bonus is that both above games tie into Full Thrust which is their
Space game. In the More Thrust expansion, there are design rules for
building ships designed to carry units you have designed in Dirtside and
Stargrunt. It is also generic and there are sites on the web where people
have converted GW miniatures to all three systems but mainly Dirtside and
Full Thrust.

Dirtside uses a variety of dice sizes with the use of opposed die rolls
determining effects of fire, EW, etc. The higher the tech/mobility/training
of your units, the higher the die you use (eg. low quality units use a D4
whearas high level units tend to use D10 or even maybe D20).

Darryl H

The theory and practice of gamesmanship or
The art of winning games without actually cheating.
(Title of book - Stephen Potter 1900-69)