RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: [OT] Warmaster

From: darius spano <dmanspano_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 07:57:15 -0700 (PDT)

Peter,
I thought of converting Net Epic to fantasy but it
seemed dificult. 6mm truly gives you a grand scale but
10mm can offer the same with better detail. If any are
interested in giving this a go let me know. I would
keep the same basing as Warmaster. Kallistra uses the
same basing and their minis are nice as well. They
have 6 races, dwarves, high elves, barbarians, undead,
ratmen and dark elves. It is a start. The armies would
be simple at first. Infantry, cavalry, warmachines,
monsters and fliers. Then of course you have heroes,
wizards/necromancers and generals. Each army list
would contain about 10 or so different units. I would
recommend a d10 system and rather than wounds work the
saves for regular units and damage charts for bigger
machines and monsters. A loss in CC wouldn't mean
taking troops off the board unless they failed their
basic armor save they would just get pushed back.
Morale would play a part as well. Units that got
pushed back would have to rally to stand ground or
break and regroup. Units that won CC would roll a
moral/command to chase down their opponents with a
bonus of course. Morale/command would be important in
this game. Warmaster's only flaw is that it isn't as
grand as mass combat games go. A typical game you will
have 25-35 bases of units on the table where in Net
Epic a typical games sees 75 to over 100 units on the
table. That IMO is the only thing lacking. In bigger
games you get bogged down easily and if your command
fails nothing moves. Let me know if any of you are
interested in taking a stab at this.
Darius