RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.A] Imperial Guard Army Book

From: Millett, George <George.Millett_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 14:35:16 +0100

<Snip>

Roughriders in the PDF?
For one thing, the PDF needs a cavalry arm. For another, I'm assuming that
military forces on a planet are limited by some sort of Imperial Edict so
that
a governor can't stage a really successful revolt. It makes sense to limit
the
good stuff, but horses have a huge number of non-combat uses. It makes sense
to allow scratch-built and emergency forces to have large numbers of riding
animals, hence the Roughrider Company Card. Give 'em a break - they're the
PDF.

> From the Fluff I have read the Imperium couldn't really care what a PG has
access to as long as certain minimum's are met and the Tithe is met. + On
several Imperial worlds the rough rider is not that viable an option as the
horse lizard etc would need to many enhancements to make it worth there
while. Thinking of places like Tallarn and Necromunda in particular here
were the outside is completely lethal and bikes and other like vehicles
would be more useful.