Re: [NetEpic ML] IG Beastmen

From: Christian Danckworth <ce.de_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:42:47 +0200

"On the other hand, Beastmen are a little like Squats in that they were one
of the units that got "rooked" by the change to Epic-40k. I really liked
them and felt that they put a lot of character into the SM-2 universe. Their
"beastliness" also left a campaign manager a lot of fun choices (i.e. maybe
Beastmen won't be availible after a certain point in the campaign). They
were also a wonderful cheap unit useful as fodder in much the same way that
Snotlings / Grots served for the Ork army. I used them to clean up mines
(the hard way like the Soviet penal units in WWII) and other "undesirable"
tasks. I feel that Beastmen are one of the things that keep NetEpic a cool
game that doesn't abandon its' players. Of course, I could also be a
Beastman proponent because I've built some and plan to build some more (I
don't play Chaos so my Beastmen are IG)."

- my opinion as well, maksim. kind of nostalgia feelings as one
important aspect of liking netepic so much...
i do not think they are bad, like ogryns in ig armies it represents
non-human parts of armystructure as well and makes the armylist a bit
more interesting.

--
christian danckworth
miniature-design