Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] IG Infantry - new units

From: antichrist666it <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:27:15 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., <jyrki.saari_at_n...> wrote:
> [snip]
> > �‚� Targeters - Storm Troopers do not receive the -1 To
> > Hit penalty
> > normally associated with Snap-fire.
>
> This rule would make them the equivalent of robots and better than
Space Marines, who in addition to having biotechnological
augmentations have auto senses.

---> Ok.

> > �‚� Deep Strike - The player picks a location on the
> > tabletop and rolls
> > for scatter twice. Once the landing point is determined the
player
> > places all stands anywhere within a 20cm radius, then scatter
each
> > unit once. Stands that lands in impassable terrain or over
another
> > unit are destroyed. Any unit on first fire orders may snap-fire
at
> > the landing detachment (no need of LOS, just fire arc and range).
> >

> Infiltration would also IMO fit well with their commando mentality.

---> Stormtroopers normally enter the battlefield with Grav-chutes...

> > Move: 10 cm
> > Save: None
> > CAF: +1
> > Weapons: Hellguns
> > Range: 50 cm
> > Attack Dice: 1
> > To-hit: 5+
> > Save mod: 0
> > Notes: Elite, Independent, Targeters, (Deep Strike)
> >
> > Storm Troopers platoon (Special card) - 4 Storm Troopers stands,
2
> > Chimera
> > BP 3, Morale 3, VP 2, pts 175
> >
> > +++
> >
> > Medic
> > These are the Medics of the Company who carry Medi-packs to help
the
> > wounded soldiers.
> > �‚� Medic - Any friendly Infantry and Cavalry stand
> > within 10cm of a
> > medic receives a 5+ fixed Healing save in addition to any normal
save
> > the model has.
> >
> > Move: 10 cm
> > Save: None
> > CAF: 0
> > Weapons: Laspistol
> > Range: 25cm
> > Attack Dice: 1
> > To-hit: 5+
> > Save mod: 0
> > Notes: Medic
> >
> > Medic (Special card) - 1 Medic stand, 1 Chimera
> > BP Medic, Morale -, VP 1, pts 100
> >

> The guardsmen don't have the fast-healing superhuman body of a
Space Marine, which IMO means that 1) the guardsmen can't be patched
up as fast and 2) they are more seriously hurt when hit. IMO if a
medic is included his abilities should be restricted by a maximum
number of stands he can patch up in a turn.

---> The normal 5 stands per turn like any other healer?

> > +++
> >
> > Comments? =)
> >
> [snip]
>
> Has anybody taken a look at the files I mentioned?

---> which files???