Movement in woods/rough terrain

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:36:30 -0000

The Terrain effect table on the 5.0 Core rules states that forests
and rough terrain is impassable for knights and vehicles (I presume
super-heavies too), except tracked vehicles which can move in it at
half speed. Two facts that come to my mind:

1 - Knights. They are bipedal vehicles (sort of bigger walkers)
constructed with the main purpouse to be more manoeuverable than
normal vehicles and to go where normal vehicles can't, woods/rough
terrains included IMO. I think they can make through them at least as
tracked vehicles (half speed).

2 - Tyranid vehicles. Ok, they aren't exactly "tracked", but they are
living things, and a creature has surely less problems traveling
through woods/rough terrain than a vehicle. IMO, _all_ Tyranid models
that normally can't, can travel through woods/rough terrain at normal
speed (or half speed if seems too an advantage).

Comments/opinions?