Re: [NetEpic ML] Movement in woods/rough terrain

From: Albert Farr� Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:53:20 +0200

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: AntiChrist
  To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 6:36 PM
  Subject: [NetEpic ML] Movement in woods/rough terrain

  The Terrain effect table on the 5.0 Core rules states that forests
  and rough terrain is impassable for knights and vehicles (I presume
  super-heavies too), except tracked vehicles which can move in it at
  half speed. Two facts that come to my mind:

  1 - Knights. They are bipedal vehicles (sort of bigger walkers)
  constructed with the main purpouse to be more manoeuverable than
  normal vehicles and to go where normal vehicles can't, woods/rough
  terrains included IMO. I think they can make through them at least as
  tracked vehicles (half speed).

  I agree, we can assume same behaviour of knights as Battlemechs...thus difficult terrain.

  2 - Tyranid vehicles. Ok, they aren't exactly "tracked", but they are
  living things, and a creature has surely less problems traveling
  through woods/rough terrain than a vehicle. IMO, _all_ Tyranid models
  that normally can't, can travel through woods/rough terrain at normal
  speed (or half speed if seems too an advantage).

  Here I can't agree. An Elephant is a living thing and still would be impossible for it to cross a rainforest. I saw some images of Elephants descending a small hill and it was really dangerous for them, for a fall would mean a broken leg (or worse) and they were that much faster... Still I think woods impassable, but rough terrain *might* be difficult for critters.

  Comments/opinions?

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor