Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Thoughts on Chaos

From: <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:34:34 -0500

> I think it's better to have 2 books, because
> the Chaos Space Marines
> are generally organized as any other army
> (Company card - Support
> cards - Special card), while D�monic armies
> retain the special chaos
> army construction rule (Greater D�mon + Minion
> cards)

I'd like to keep all the Chaos material in one book. Unless the forces are
significantly different in organization and composition, it's less confusing
to keep 'em together. All Chaos forces have Chaos Cards and (IMHO) cultists &
lesser daemons - that'd have to be duplicated in separate books. Also, several
of the Legions are very strongly oriented with one of the powers. It's the
same reason I combined IG and PDF - no one else has the Chain of Command. Of
course, depending on the format we wind up with, it may make more sense to
split 'em up.

> The Traitor Legions are nine, the book will be
> IMHO too huge...

I'll see how it goes. So far there's very little fluff for any of the Chaos
Marine Legions - a paragraph or two on each is all.

As a question, consider that the Chaos Marines are "Legions" instead of
"Chapters" - the Codex Astartes was *after* the Horus Heresy. How was a Legion
organized?
-Yar