RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: Thoughts on Chaos

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:57:14 -0400

Hi!

> I think it's better to have 2 books, because
> the Chaos Space Marines
> are generally organized as any other army
> (Company card - Support
> cards - Special card), while D�monic armies
> retain the special chaos
> army construction rule (Greater D�mon + Minion
> cards)

I'd like to keep all the Chaos material in one book. Unless the forces
are
significantly different in organization and composition, it's less
confusing
to keep 'em together. All Chaos forces have Chaos Cards and (IMHO)
cultists &
lesser daemons - that'd have to be duplicated in separate books. Also,
several
of the Legions are very strongly oriented with one of the powers. It's
the
same reason I combined IG and PDF - no one else has the Chain of
Command. Of
course, depending on the format we wind up with, it may make more sense
split 'em up.

>>>I agree. Keep in one book, besides I don’t think anything will be
bigger than the armies of the Imperium book.

> The Traitor Legions are nine, the book will be
> IMHO too huge...

I'll see how it goes. So far there's very little fluff for any of the
Chaos
Marine Legions - a paragraph or two on each is all.

As a question, consider that the Chaos Marines are "Legions" instead of
"Chapters" - the Codex Astartes was *after* the Horus Heresy. How was a
Legion
organized?

>>>That’s open to debate, the old sources never really got into that in
the detail they did with the loyal chapters. I figure we can make up
what we need.

Peter