Re: [NetEpic ML] [5.0]Chaos army list

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:57:40 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., <jarreas_at_m...> wrote:
> > Why not design standard units and differentiate
> > them with Chaos Marks?
>
> Personally, I'm against it because it'd add yet another level of
unit stat
> complexity. It sounds like a neat idea though, and I'll probably
add it as an
> optional rules in the Chaos Army Book.

The Mark of Chaos (and the changes in the unit's stat and skills) is
simply integrated in the unit stats, so you have unit's stats and
description as usual.

> Second, I've another idea for taking multiple Chaos Powers in one
army.
> Instead of animosity (which I'd like to throw into the Ork
discussion), how
> about the friction between various powers reduces the number of
Chaos Cards
> you get? That way there's nothing to slow the game down, but the
Chaos player
> still pays for the diversity of forces.
>
> 1 Chaos power: normal amount (first hit's free)
> 2 powers: -2 Chaos Cards
> 3 powers: -4 cards
> 4 powers: -6 cards
>
> You get 3 per greater daemon or primarch, plus more from some of
the war
> engines, so a cost of two is noticable but not crippling.
> -Yar

Great idea! mmm... the whole system can bog down when coming to
veeeeeery large battles (10000pts and such) or very small ones
(around 2000pts). Why not simply divide the number of Chaos cards the
Chaos player gets by the number of Chaos powers he use?