Re: [NetEpic ML] [5.0]Chaos army list

From: <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:51:03 -0500

> The Mark of Chaos (and the changes in the
> unit's stat and skills) is
> simply integrated in the unit stats, so you
> have unit's stats and
> description as usual.

Thing is, that doubles the number of different units in the Chaos book - rhino
with Mark, rhino without mark, raider with mark, raider without mark, and so
on. Me, I like simplicity.

How about the "Mark of..." is a Special Card, costs 25 points per model in the
detachment you apply it to and gives a low-level benefit (+2 CAF, 5+ psychic
save, etc). Yes, that makes it expensive to Mark an entire legion - sounds
reasonable. It would therefore be most used on the special models like Chaos
Champions or greater daemons.

> Great idea! mmm... the whole system can bog
> down when coming to
> veeeeeery large battles (10000pts and such) or
> very small ones
> (around 2000pts). Why not simply divide the
> number of Chaos cards the
> Chaos player gets by the number of Chaos powers
> he use?

Hm. I'll think about that, but it sounds good at first glance. A little
harsher than I'd first envisioned, but if we give each power pretty good units
of a single type (close-combat, ranged, etc.) then it'd be a more even
trade-off. Gimmie a little time to mull things over, k?
-Yar