RE: [NetEpic ML] [5.0]Chaos army list

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 20:22:50 -0400

Hi!

Wow, what a load of great idea!!!

1) Divide CSM from Daemon is right for me, but they should can allies
each
others.

>>>This one seems to be a given by now, anyone opposed to this?

2) Divide Caos between powers is also good, every God with his own
unique
troops and the choose of Chaos Undivided

>>>This one too seems favored, anyone opposed?

3) Impose a penalty to limit Chaos is good, and even as Eldar player I
LOVE
a cards reduction I must admit that is too far... I like animosity, but
instead of single detachment we could force test only to Greater Daemon,
if
fall thay must move toward nearest chaos units that belong to others
power
to destroy them. Incidentally this probably led the Daemon into another
Daemon range and if another test fail... brrrr

>>>It seems we want animosity; problem is what mechanic to use. Zerloon,
gave me an idea which is a twist on his. The animosity stems from one
greater demon to another so as Zerloon mentions lets concentrate the
rule mechanic on that, after all the followers are just that-following!
They don't have that real reason to hate beyond their greater demon says
so!

>>>So basically, have any greater demon of a rival that comes within
50cm of a rival demon must make a animosity check, lets make it simple,
on a 4+ the demon AND ALL ATTACHED CARDS TO THAT DEMON close the gap and
try to engage the rival demon and his forces. This has several
implications:

a. Simple: Instead of measuring those entire global animosity radiuses
in case of the 30cm radius rule, no you only keep track of greater
demons.

b. Incentive to do single power armies. The radius of 50cm is
purposefully large. This means in small games it is virtually impossible
to keep rival powers apart and thus in small games in more efficient to
go with a single power. Also the penalty is truly staggering. To have
one demon and all his minions out of your control hunting another part
of your army is BAD news, so players can flaunt or bypass the rule
without great risk.

No doubt people will poke holes in my theories, but that's the point!

Peter