Re: [NetEpic ML] [5.0]Chaos: CSM equipment

From: <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:15:27 -0500

> Everything pre-Heresy are OK
> Everything post Heresy are NOT OK

Well, see, that's more easily said than done. Let me try to explain.

The rules set during the Horus Heresy list the following units: Tactical,
Assault & Devistator Marine, Land Raider, Rhino, Whirlwind. That's it. It may
be historical but it's not very balanced compared to the current Net Epic army
lists for everyone else.

Next there's the Adeptus Titanicus & Codex Titanicus rules, which list just
about everything in the current army list: Land Raider, Predator, Vindicator,
tunnelers, bikes, speeders, rapiers, mole mortars, thudd guns, tarantulas,
drop pods, drop ships and so on. It's a pretty balanced list, but Chaos gets a
boost with daemons, lots of horde infantry (Cultists, beastmen, etc). That
tips the balance and makes it unfair in the favor of Chaos.

Then there's the Chaos army list from the Renegades expansion. It lists: Chaos
Space Marine, Chaos Dreadnaught - everything else is a daemon.

See the problem? AFAIK, there is no source from which to find this out. It's
all inferred references and opinions. If anyone knows a good source for this
material, please let me know! I'll have a prototype Chaos Army Book done
sometime next week and you can trash my ideas then, but in the meantime I'd
not mind a good reference.
-Yar