Re: [NetEpic ML] [5.0]Chaos: CSM equipment

From: Weasel Fierce <weasel_fierce_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 23:04:45 +0000

>This is the list of things we have now:
>
>Land raiders
>Rhinos
>Bikes (regular ones)
>Dreadnought (chaos variant only)
>Predators
>Vindicators
>Whirlwinds
>Landspeeders

I'd say remove the whirlwinds and land speeders, and limit vindicators.

Chaos get all the demons and whatnot, let the imperial marines keep the
technology.
Going by 40K fluff, neither of those 3 units are available to chaos marines,
neither in 2nd ed or 3rd ed.

3rd ed chaos codex gives the iron warriors vindicators. Reading the entry in
Codex Titanicus for vindicators mentions how its an improvised siege tank
made during the heresy.
Limit them to one per company / GD, to reflect that they arent a "proper"
vehicle.

The rhino, predator, land raider, bike and dread are "old" marine units and
chaos ought to have them as well.

As for thunderhawks... give them to a specific legion, Black legion or alpha
legion. Let it be their special ability and raise the cost slightly. Maybe
by 25 or even 50 points. Or they could have a special "thunderhawk
detachment" special card with a Thawk and 5 or 6 infantry stands.

Can chaos now pick light guns ? (the rapier, thudd gun etc)
In any case, they should IMO, just to give them some basic artillery and
field pieces

Thats just my couple cents :)

Weasel