RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] Tank Shock

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 09:56:03 +0200

[snip]
> > I would only allow "killing
> > runs"�to units with�deathrollers (or
> > simillar) and tunnellers
>
> Hm. You're right here, also. Deathrollers should be special,
> but Titans vs.
> infantry should be just as godawful effective.
>
> Tank Shock: Hits on 4+ with TSM 0
>
> Deathroller: Hits on 3+ TSM -1
>
> What do you think?
> -Yar

For once, I'm for simplicity. The Death rollers have already been factored into the units' CAF. The ability of a tank to crush and shoot opponents at close range has been factored into the CAF so there's no need for additional stats. What I propose is to use the original suggestion for overrun modified as follows:
1) Make a morale check for the unit being overrun. Failed: goto a; passed: goto b.
a)Fight a immediate round of CC with any model(s) in base to base contact with the overrunning model. Resolution and results are as normal CC.
b)Model(s) in base to base contact with the overrunning model may either move out of the way to clear a path wide enough for the overrunning model to pass OR the _whole_ detachment may immediately charge the overrunning model. In the latter case fight a round of CC as above. If the overrunning model survives the CC, it may move on. If the overrun detachment chooses to charge, it is considered to have acted this turn and may not move or fire. If it just lets the overrunning model pass, it retains whatever orders it had.

Jyrki Saari