[NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] Tank Shock

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 15:43:58 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., <jyrki.saari_at_n...> wrote:
> For once, I'm for simplicity. The Death rollers have already been
factored into the units' CAF. The ability of a tank to crush and
shoot opponents at close range has been factored into the CAF so
there's no need for additional stats. What I propose is to use the
original suggestion for overrun modified as follows:
> 1) Make a morale check for the unit being overrun. Failed: goto a;
passed: goto b.

AC: Agree.

> a)Fight a immediate round of CC with any model(s) in base to base
contact with the overrunning model. Resolution and results are as
normal CC.

AC: Why not simply put the det on Fall-back orders?

> b)Model(s) in base to base contact with the overrunning model may
either move out of the way to clear a path wide enough for the
overrunning model to pass OR the _whole_ detachment may immediately
charge the overrunning model. In the latter case fight a round of CC
as above. If the overrunning model survives the CC, it may move on.

AC: This close combat count as "previous close combat fought" for the
vehicle, so subsequent enemies will have the +1d6 bonus?

>If the overrun detachment chooses to charge, it is considered to
have acted this turn and may not move or fire. If it just lets the
overrunning model pass, it retains whatever orders it had.

If the overrun detachment chhooses to charge but has already moved or
fired?