[NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] Tank Shock

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 17:14:30 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., <jyrki.saari_at_n...> wrote:
> > > a)Fight a immediate round of CC with any model(s) in base to
base
> > contact with the overrunning model. Resolution and results are as
> > normal CC.
> >
> > AC: Why not simply put the det on Fall-back orders?
> >

> Too powerful. That way a single tank could potentially put multiple
detachments with poor morale on fall back orders. Imagine a single
Leman Russ putting a whole Ork clan on fall back orders...

Yep, too powerful. I think the whole tank-shock thing is sadly
unapplicable to NetEpic...

> > > b)Model(s) in base to base contact with the overrunning model
may
> > either move out of the way to clear a path wide enough for the
> > overrunning model to pass OR the _whole_ detachment may
immediately
> > charge the overrunning model. In the latter case fight a round of
CC
> > as above. If the overrunning model survives the CC, it may move
on.

> > AC: This close combat count as "previous close combat fought" for
the
> > vehicle, so subsequent enemies will have the +1d6 bonus?
> >

> Subsequent CCs (with other detachments, that is) are entirely "new"
CCs. Or did you mean other models of the detachment being overrun?
Each model after the first gets the bonus as normal.

Both things. If I must sustain more engagements risking my unit
because the enemies are getting bonus dice in successive close
combats, why tank-shock at all?

> > >If the overrun detachment chooses to charge, it is considered to
> > have acted this turn and may not move or fire. If it just lets
the
> > overrunning model pass, it retains whatever orders it had.
> >
> > If the overrun detachment chhooses to charge but has already
moved or
> > fired?
> >

> Good question. I'd just let them charge. Overrunning infantry isn't
exactly risk free. Other alternative would be that they can't charge
and must let the vehicle pass instead.

IMHO, better leave close combat out of this. The tank-shocking
vehicle and the tank-shocked unit are never involved in close combat
at all. I prefer the previously mentioned heroic attack...