RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] Tank Shock

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 17:52:05 +0200

Too powerful. That way a single tank could potentially put multiple detachments with poor morale on fall back orders. Imagine a single Leman Russ putting a whole Ork clan on fall back orders...

> > b)Model(s) in base to base contact with the overrunning model may
> either move out of the way to clear a path wide enough for the
> overrunning model to pass OR the _whole_ detachment may immediately
> charge the overrunning model. In the latter case fight a round of CC
> as above. If the overrunning model survives the CC, it may move on.
>
> AC: This close combat count as "previous close combat fought" for the
> vehicle, so subsequent enemies will have the +1d6 bonus?

Subsequent CCs (with other detachments, that is) are entirely "new" CCs. Or did you mean other models of the detachment being overrun? Each model after the first gets the bonus as normal.

> >If the overrun detachment chooses to charge, it is considered to
> have acted this turn and may not move or fire. If it just lets the
> overrunning model pass, it retains whatever orders it had.
>
> If the overrun detachment chhooses to charge but has already moved or
> fired?

Good question. I'd just let them charge. Overrunning infantry isn't exactly risk free. Other alternative would be that they can't charge and must let the vehicle pass instead.

Jyrki Saari