RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] Tank Shock

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 08:37:56 +0200

The problem is that "morale" in NetEpic != "morale" in RealLife(TM). In NetEpic it represents training, discipline, initiative and just plain guts. The morale check represents whether those about to be overrun have enough discipline/training/guts to decide what to do or do they just stand at the path of the charging steel monster.

>' If units had an initiative stat I'd use that.

It's not purely a matter of initiative.

> As
> it is, I see the
> easiest way is to move the tank to the infantry and roll 4+
> To-Hit. Hit =
> armor save, miss = move the infantry aside and keep moving
> the tank. Nothing
> else. Infantry that are hit but make their armor save will
> stay where they are
> and the tank moves on.

> > model(s) in base to base
> > > contact with the overrunning model.
>
> I origionally thought about this, then realized how many dice
> would be dropped
> during the movement phase.

Depends how many overruns are going to take place. Are there going to be that many?

> Add in the question of multiple
> close combats in
> different phases and you've got something I don't want to deal with.

Sure, whatever suits you. _I_ don't want to deal with some arbitrary number snatched out of thin air to represent overrun.

> -Yar

Jyrki Saari