[NetEpic ML] Re: Let the Revision begin!!

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 11:56:03 +0200

[snip]
> I think that the problem here is with the limitations of
> phased movement.
> If movement was simultaneous, your tank crew might see my
> infantry charge,
> and leave the area. Since one side moves and then the other,
> we have to
> resolve what happens when a unit contacts another that has
> not moved yet.
> Since the infantry have moved first, and contacted the tank, this must
> represent that sometime during the turn, the infantry were
> close enough to
> use their anti-tank weapons (melta gun/bomb). That is why
> the tank is not
> allowed to move away, not that the infantry are actually
> holding down the
> tank, but since the infantry did indeed get into range to use their
> anti-tank weapons, the tank must see if it survives the
> encounter with the
> infantry. The tank must now wait until the close combat
> phase to see if it
> can eliminate the infantry. Until it clears the area of
> infantry, it will
> always be vulnerable to those anti-tank weapons the infantry
> carry.

All the more reason for the tank to try and get out of the range of those
infantry weapons. Note that I am NOT proposing that the tank should be able
to move away before CC but, assuming it survives, in the NEXT movement
phase. Repeat: NEXT movement phase. This may not have been clear in my
language. In the current rules the tank is forced to stand still until it is
either destroyed all infantry (unlikely) or is reduced to slag.

So my proposal is:
1) Give the attacking force a chance to kill the tank (fight a CC).
2) Assuming that the unlikely event of the tank surviving a round of CC
happened let the tank move away in the NEXT movement phase.

Any questions?

Jyrki Saari

  Keep