[NetEpic ML] Re: Let the Revision begin!!

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 11:45:19 +0200

[snip]

> Let's get real, if you drive your tank right into the middle
> of my infantry
> squad, the tank will die. I don't care if you have your
> vision slits closed
> down and your hatches closed, my bazooka does not need to hit
> an open vision
> slit in order to destroy the tank.

For the last time: this is not about the ability of infantry to DESTROY a
tank. Maybe the bazooka/panzerschreck/RPG/TOW/Carl Gustav/ATMM/AT
grenade/lascannon/PlazmaGizmo(TM) actually FAILS TO DESTROY THE TANK, eg,
THE TANK SURVIVES. I think we both agree that in this case the tank is free
to move away since it is INTACT. With the current rules the tank is forced
to sit still and wait for the infantry to go for another round.

To summarize:
1) Infantry SHOULD DEFINETELY able to destroy a tank in close combat BUT:
2) IF the tank survives the round of combat it SHOULD DEFINETELY be able to
move away in the next movement phase.

Jyrki Saari

[snip]