RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: Bunkers,Minefields etc

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:12:56 +0200

I'd resurrect the Blind but leave Haywire and Stasis out. The Blind could be an option for artillery or orbital barrages.

The Blind would be simple enough; the following rules are straight from the old book: a template, which blocks LOS completely. At orders phase roll a die for each template on play and remove it on a '1'.

An artillery battery could fire one template per turn while orbital Blind "barrage" would have three. Obviously the artillery can't perform other fire missions while firing blind.

The Hidden set-up would be another nice optional rule. Again, straight from the old book: assign a numbered marker for each detachment and set up the markers instead of units. The detachment is revealed when it moves or fires. If it is fired upon when hidden, the required score to hit is 9+. The old rules restricted hidden set-up to infantry.

> Peter

[snip]

Jyrki Saari