Re: [NetEpic ML] Gutbuster Weapons: Q's

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 12:12:13 +1000

> > Assuming it is and the shot scatters off the template. Does the
>titan still lose its shields?
>
>Yes, in both cases.

For those of you who are interested, my local group has a house rule
regarding the Ball Template. If a shielded Titan is hit by a Gutbuster
Ball Round as it rolls, the Ball Round loses 1cm off its total distance
rolled for each shield dropped. So if the Ball Round doesn't have enough
momentum, it won't drop all the shields. We thought it a good compromise
that reduced the power of the Ball Round, but not by much. On average, the
round will still drop all the shields on a Warlord and a good number of the
shields on the Imperator. If you're lucky, it will drop all the shields on
a fully charged Imperator, but don't hold your breath.

-Kelvin....

"Zathras is used to being beast-of-burden. Very sad life.
Probably have very sad death. But at least there is symmetry."