Re: [NetEpic ML] Gutbuster Weapons: Q's

From: ramospeter <primarch_at_...> <primarch_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 23:00:11 -0000

Hi!

> Ok, I'd like a little clarification myself. Does the Gutbuster
work like this:

> Say I'm aiming at a enemy titan. If the shot scatters off the
titan's base, it's a miss. Otherwise I pick a lower leg hit location
and roll the aiming dice as normal, right?.

Correct.

> Now suppose the titan is in the way of the rolling ball template.
My interpretation is that I would roll aiming dice to hit a lower
leg location. If the result scattered off the hit location template,
the shot would miss. Is this correct?

Correct.

> Assuming it is and the shot scatters off the template. Does the
titan still lose its shields?

Yes, in both cases. Any shielded target in the way of the rolling
ball loses all shields regardless if the actual target suffers
damage or not. The shields occupy a space roughly equivalent to the
titans base, so its an easier target, the actual leg is harder and a
miss of the template can be viewed as the titan moving the lag out
of the way. Such a move for the shields is not an option.

Peter