Re: [NetEpic ML] Core rules proposal

From: Zerloon <zerloon_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 01:08:33 +0100

At 19.01 06/03/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> >Make a "new" kind of card, the "support max 1", wich take a support slot
> but can be purchased only one for company, and in this category I'll put
> all medics and tech, all flyer, chaplains and so on.
>
>I'm opposed to the idea, but have a counterproposal.
>
>A) The [Company + 1x Specal + 5x Support] is simple, easy, ingrained in
>everyone's head and follows all the existing GW stuff. Anyone coming into
>Net Epic from old Epic would be lost on a fundamental level, instead of
>just the rules-level now.

Well, this is why new come with "" ^__^ I think that we can simply put all
this stuff in the support room, and add a description line that "even if
support card there can be only one for company".

>B) There would be a huge arguement^Xdebate over what units would go where.
>I don *not* want to get into that.

You get the point, but if we don't make such thing now then when?
More over actually we have done only Space Marine and Imperial Guard, I
think that we can simply open some pool and let people vote what unit shoud
become support max 1, we can keep them open until revision end.

>Instead, let's take a look at the foundation of Net Epic - Rogue Trader.
>The basic squad (one stand in Net Epic) couldn't get a medic - they had
>some heavy weapons choices, a sargeant option and that's about it. A
>Headquarters squad had an officer, a chaplain, a few soldiers and a medic
>option. And medics weren't all that effective - they could save one dude
>in a turn - and one dude is *nothing* on the Net Epic battlefield. I
>figure the reason Marine Commander stands have better armor save is the
>presence of a medic, and we should get rid of the medic unit completely.
>However, it's here and here to stay. And I ramble - back to my point.
>
>Let's make the Medic a Support card. If you want five medics in a company,
>go ahead - just remember that each stand only gets *one* healer roll, no
>matter how many medics are around. Likewise with a techmarine - support
>away! The chaplain should probably stay a special card, except for some
>armies where there are *lots* of fanatics (like Blood Angels).
>
>What do you think?

Why not? But this not resolve problem with other personalities and flyer
for example.

>-Yar

Zerloon