Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Core rules Deep Reading (long)

From: (wrong string) � Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 02:44:52 +0100

> 2B) Transports and carried units on with the same orders are still two
activations.

--> I always understood that carried troops and transports from the same
detachment were given only one order counter. Later on it was admitted the
possibility to give separate orders to both, but still you could give only
one order to the same detachment. Indeed, I always played assuming that a
mechanized detachment with only one order counter was activated all
together, carried units plus transports.

Perhaps we can accept that transports + troops from the same detachment can
be activated together if only one order counter is placed for both (as in
2nd ed). I think is fair, your opponent knows that anything inside the
transport would have the same orders as it, and you get to deploy both
troops and transport at once

Of course, if the transports and the troops are two separate units (e.g.
squat berserkers + rhinos) they are forced to have two order counters and
thus, be activated separately. This represents the difference beetwen a
trained mobile force, really used to operate almost always with vehicles
(SM) from another force that occasionaly uses transports (Goff) and lacks
that fast coordination beetwen transport and troops (well, in the end,
coordination is not *probably* in any Goff dictionary)

Albert