[NetEpic ML] Re: Titan Revision

From: <warprat_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 19:47:09 -0800

The titan that seems to get people all upset is the Warlord. And I can
understand why, we all know that the reactor blows up about twice as
easy as it should. The other problem, with all Imperial type titans,
is the shields. I think that the six shields are enough, but they
never regenerate fast enough.
I would rather have more flickering Gargant shields, then the Imperial
shields in use now, and that's sad, very sad.

I played a game not too long ago, where a Warlord was lucky enough to
actually make quite a few repair rolls, as well as shield regeneration
rolls. Even though I was the Ork player, I couldn't help rooting for
my opponent to make yet another repair roll, once again. I shot that
Warlord, over and over. Finally I killed it, after three Gargants
concentrated on it for a second turn. But it was great to see that
heroic Warlord take the punishment, and somehow come back to life,
battered, limping, but hanging on. I would like to see this become the
norm for Imperial type titans.

It's true that increasing the armor and shields would make the titan
harder to damage. This is not a bad idea. But nothing was better than
seeing that titan recover time after time. I would much rather see the
repair ability increased.

Warprat

"peter ramos" <pramos-_at_...> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/netepic/?start=1703
> Hi!
>
> Oops! Forgot that idea, I really like it, it avoids making shields too
> strong while making them more effective.
>
> Peter

They