Re: [NetEpic ML] Titan Battlegroup

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 11:24:52 +1000

>When you form a Titan Battlegroup (or Host, or Mob or Brood) you must
>purchase hull and weapons for all, there are no discount.
>You cannot include Scout Titan in a Battlegroup.
>Titans observe no coerency.
>Titan Battlegroups must contain at least three Titans, they can contain more.
>Every Titan is indipendent from others in regard to order, vp, morale and
>other.
>The number of Titan, divided by 2 rounded up give the number of Special
>Cards slot needed to purchase this Battlegroup.
>
>Example:
>I take 1 Warlord and 2 Reaver (2 special Cards)
>3 Warlord 6 Reaver (5 Special Cards)
>etc. etc.
>
>so your's opinion?

Honestly? I don't like it. There's no real incentive to not use the
group. Sure you don't need to maintain coherency, but I've never found
that to be a problem. I'm happy to keep them in close to each other if
I've bought a group. Sure you get a bit of a discount to the number of
Special Cards over taking them separately, but still I'm not so keen on
it. There is also now no need to take them separately. Just buy a
battlegroup if you want lots of Titans. So if you want two Titans, they
still only take up ONE Special Card slot. Why buy Titans individually if
you want more than one?

Under the discount system, they were cheaper and only took up one card, but
the penalty was they fought as a formation. If you didn't like this, you
paid full price buy purchasing them individually. Price vs flexibility was
the consideration and I always thought it worked well.

Well, that's my 2cents.

-Kelvin....

"I feel like I am being nibbled to death by...what are those Earth
creatures called? Feathers? Go 'quack'?"
"Cats."