Re: [NetEpic ML] [5.0] Eldar Revision Part 1

From: Zerloon <zerloon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 02:15:13 +0200

Hi to All!!!!

Since the post is very long I snipped the part I agree, comments below!!

>Dire Avengers
>

>These are equipped with shuriken catapults can lay down overwhelming cover
>fire. To represent this Dire Avengers can roll one extra attack dice for
>each target they destroy (note this means if a target makes its armor save
>no extra attack dice are gained).
>Models: Appropriate Aspect Warrior models from the GW Eldar sprue.

Actually Dire Avenger are a bet not worth, with six guardian you have more
sure firepower and more stand to kill and a better break point. I propose
this change to DA special Ability, increasing they're to hit roll to 4+,
but imposing a -1 to hit penalty to each shot after first, cumulative. So
for example: the DA shoot with 4+, hit 2 times and kill each, then this two
shoot again at 5+, hit 1 time, shoot again a 6+ etc etc... Cost unchanged.
So with this change there are a little more chance to use they're special
power and there are no chance a very lucky turn destroy a mob!!

>Warlock
>

>Warlocks use deadly psychic powers to support the Eldar army. They count
>as command units and follow their full rules. Remove the accompanying
>Command Falcon if the Warlock is killed.
>
>All Eldar units within 10cm of the Warlock need not be given orders,
>initially. Instead these units may wait until the last moment to act and
>have an order placed. During the movement or combat phase, the Eldar
>player may initiate the action of the detachment by placing an order
>counter on the detachment and declaring the detachment as moving or
>firing. This action takes the place of moving an already ordered
>unit. The Eldar player cannot move an ordered unit and then place orders
>and move a Warlock controlled unit since this would be two straight
>activations and players must alternate activating one unit at a
>time. Once the Eldar player has �€œpassed�€ during a movement or fire
>segment, no further movement or fire orders for that segment may be given
>to these �€œun-ordered�€ units. This means once a certain phase has ended
>the warlock ability cannot be used to let the unit act in a previously
>ended segment.
>
>Example: There is a unit of Jet Bikes and a unit of Tempests within 10cm
>of a Warlock. During the Charge Segment of the Movement Phase the opposing
>player moves a unit across the fire arc of the Tempests, the Eldar player
>places a First Fire order and the Tempests declare and resolve snap fire
>vs. the moving unit. Later on during the charge segment the Eldar player
>�€œpasses�€, the opposing player then moves a unit into close combat with
>the Warlock. In this case the Eldar player MAY NOT give Charge orders to
>the Jet Bikes in order to help the Warlock in close combat, since the
>player had already �€œpassed�€ during the segment.

this example is wrong, there are a reference to a charge segment, but there
are no more a charge segment. In fact this limitations is useless with
current game rules.

>He is the embodiment of the Eldar�€™s collective battle fury and
>aggression. Avatar may be brought as a free Special Card and follows these
>special rules:
>
>� Avatar is not given orders (although it is not a command unit).
>� The Avatar is immune to morale tests and morale based powers.
>� The Avatar automatically moves 30cm in each movement phase towards
>the nearest enemy. If this distance is sufficient to reach the enemy it
>will fight it in close combat, if not it will cast its spear at any enemy
>model within 15cm in any direction during First Fire �€‘ the spear always
>returns to the Avatar.

This movement should be made in the compulsory phase.

>� Any enemy (except Daemons and Tyranids) shooting at or in close
>combat with the Avatar suffers a �€‘1 modifier to hit or to the close
>combat roll.
> Any unit the Avatar attacks in close combat must make a morale check.
>� The Avatar's saving throw of 2+ is not modified by anything (even
>if the weapon used destroys its target with no saving throws allowed, the
>Avatar still receives a 2+ save). This saving throw also applies to Close
>Combat.

and psychic power.

>� The Avatar counts as a knight class model for purposes of pinning.

And for others purposes?

>Models: GW Metal models. 15 to 20cm suitable warrior figures with a spear
>can be used as substitutes.
>

>Farseer*
>

>Farseers are the ultimate Psykers of the Eldar army. With their amplified
>sense of time they live in an extended present that includes the blurred
>edges of the near past and future, which makes them invaluable tactical
>planners. Their predictive abilities enable them to improve the
>performance of the troops around them, as well as to misdirect nearby
>enemy units with the aid of their superior coercive powers. A Farseer may
>use one of the following abilities each turn in Moving or Combat Phases
>(all are non-physical psychic powers):
>
>� Mind Blast: Use on any target within 25 cm and line of sight. On a
>4+ it is hit and destroyed without a saving throw. If the target is a
>Titan/ Praetorian roll on the head/ bridge damage table. This is a
>non-physical psychic power.
>
>� Precognitive Direction: The Farseer may shift the given orders of
>one unmoved Eldar unit within 50cm by one category in either direction
>along the following progression: Charge--Advance--First Fire.
>
>Example: A nearby unit is on Advance Orders. The unit may shift to either
>First Fire or Charge Orders (units on Charge and First Fire orders, of
>course, can only shift in one direction, thus Charge does not wrap around
>to First Fire).

This power is ridicolus (for me at least!! ^___^). Is worse than warlock
special abilities. I propose rid off this power and give the Farseer the
same abilities as warlock about orders, wraithguard and dreadnought and
change Precognitive Direction with:
Guide: the farseer guide the friendly fire nominate a friendly unit whithin
25 cm, this unit gain a +1 to hiy roll bonus

>� Coercion: The Farseer may attempt to change orders of an unmoved
>enemy unit within 50cm. Roll a D6 and add the morale value of the unit (0
>for units that do not check morale); on 6+ the attempt is successful, the
>order may be changed by degree as above.
>
>Example 1: The Farseer tries to change orders of an Ork Boyz mob. The die
>roll comes a 1, adding Ork morale we get 1+4=5, the attempt fails. The
>Eldar player may not change the order, nor can he see it before the Ork
>player activates the unit.
>
>Example 2: The Farseer attempts to coerce a Space Marine Terminator
>Detachment. As the Terminators have a morale value of 1, he now needs to
>roll a 5+ to succeed. The roll comes a 6: success! The Eldar player may
>now flip the order counter and change it in the progression stated above.

This power is somewhat strange since there are no army that fail to morale
test apart Eldar!! ^___^
Marines have 2+, Ork and Imperial have special features that give them
immunity, no speak about tyranids...

>Shining Spears*
>

>Shining Spears are Aspect Warriors (see above). These warriors specialize
>in mobile warfare mounted on their swift jet bikes. They are included in
>this section for being categorized as cavalry.
>Models: Jet-bike models from the GW Eldar sprue or GW�€™s metal Vyper Bike
>models.

What about change they're special abilities wirh hit & run?

>Wraithguards
>

>They are sophisticated robot-like entities that are powered by the souls
>of dead Eldar, through special gems known as spirit stones. Wraithguards
>are immune to the restrictions of firing upon Greater Daemons and to
>morale checks.
>
>A Wraithguard will always remain within 10cm of a living Eldar unit and
>have the same orders as that unit. If they start a turn over 10cm away
>from a living Eldar unit the Wraithguard will charge towards the nearest
>living Eldar unit and can only enter close combat if the Eldar unit they
>are moving towards is engaged in close combat. If the closest unit within
>10cm is a Warlock, any orders may be given to the Wraithguard. Models:
>Plastic models on the GW Eldar sprue.

Wraithguard should have the same effect for Warlock and Farseer

>Dreadnoughts
>

>Akin to the Wraithguard these sleek machines are armed with heavier
>weapons and serve a more anti-vehicle role. Dreadnoughts are also immune
>to the restrictions of firing upon Greater Daemons and to morale checks.
>
>A Dreadnought will always remain within 10cm of a living Eldar unit and
>has the same orders as that unit. If they start a turn over 10cm away from
>a living Eldar unit the Dreadnought will charge towards the nearest living
>Eldar unit and can only enter close combat if the Eldar unit they are
>moving towards is engaged in close combat. If the closest unit within 10cm
>is a Warlock, any orders may be given to the Dreadnought. Models: Plastic
>models on the old GW Dreadnoughts sprue or the new GW metal models.

Like Wraithguard.