Re: [NetEpic ML] [5.0] Eldar Revision Part 1

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:39:00 -0000

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Zerloon <zerloon_at_i...> wrote:
> Hi to All!!!!
>
> Since the post is very long I snipped the part I agree, comments
below!!

> >Dire Avengers
> >

> >These are equipped with shuriken catapults can lay down
overwhelming cover
> >fire. To represent this Dire Avengers can roll one extra attack
dice for
> >each target they destroy (note this means if a target makes its
armor save
> >no extra attack dice are gained).
> >Models: Appropriate Aspect Warrior models from the GW Eldar sprue.
>
> Actually Dire Avenger are a bet not worth, with six guardian you
have more
> sure firepower and more stand to kill and a better break point. I
propose
> this change to DA special Ability, increasing they're to hit roll
to 4+,
> but imposing a -1 to hit penalty to each shot after first,
cumulative. So
> for example: the DA shoot with 4+, hit 2 times and kill each, then
this two
> shoot again at 5+, hit 1 time, shoot again a 6+ etc etc... Cost
unchanged.
> So with this change there are a little more chance to use they're
special
> power and there are no chance a very lucky turn destroy a mob!!

+AC+ I think they should cost at least 50 points more, hitting at 4+
and with the additional shots.

> >Farseer*
> >

> >Farseers are the ultimate Psykers of the Eldar army. With their
amplified
> >sense of time they live in an extended present that includes the
blurred
> >edges of the near past and future, which makes them invaluable
tactical
> >planners. Their predictive abilities enable them to improve the
> >performance of the troops around them, as well as to misdirect
nearby
> >enemy units with the aid of their superior coercive powers. A
Farseer may
> >use one of the following abilities each turn in Moving or Combat
Phases
> >(all are non-physical psychic powers):
> >
> >� Mind Blast: Use on any target within 25 cm and line of
sight. On a
> >4+ it is hit and destroyed without a saving throw. If the target
is a
> >Titan/ Praetorian roll on the head/ bridge damage table. This is a
> >non-physical psychic power.
> >
> >� Precognitive Direction: The Farseer may shift the given
orders of
> >one unmoved Eldar unit within 50cm by one category in either
direction
> >along the following progression: Charge--Advance--First Fire.
> >
> >Example: A nearby unit is on Advance Orders. The unit may shift to
either
> >First Fire or Charge Orders (units on Charge and First Fire
orders, of
> >course, can only shift in one direction, thus Charge does not wrap
around
> >to First Fire).
>
> This power is ridicolus (for me at least!! ^___^). Is worse than
warlock
> special abilities. I propose rid off this power and give the
Farseer the
> same abilities as warlock about orders, wraithguard and dreadnought
and
> change Precognitive Direction with:
> Guide: the farseer guide the friendly fire nominate a friendly unit
whithin
> 25 cm, this unit gain a +1 to hiy roll bonus

+AC+ I think the Farseer should only be able to Guid Infantry
units... otherwise it's too strong.

> >� Coercion: The Farseer may attempt to change orders of an
unmoved
> >enemy unit within 50cm. Roll a D6 and add the morale value of the
unit (0
> >for units that do not check morale); on 6+ the attempt is
successful, the
> >order may be changed by degree as above.
> >
> >Example 1: The Farseer tries to change orders of an Ork Boyz mob.
The die
> >roll comes a 1, adding Ork morale we get 1+4=5, the attempt fails.
The
> >Eldar player may not change the order, nor can he see it before
the Ork
> >player activates the unit.
> >
> >Example 2: The Farseer attempts to coerce a Space Marine
Terminator
> >Detachment. As the Terminators have a morale value of 1, he now
needs to
> >roll a 5+ to succeed. The roll comes a 6: success! The Eldar
player may
> >now flip the order counter and change it in the progression stated
above.

> This power is somewhat strange since there are no army that fail to
morale
> test apart Eldar!! ^___^
> Marines have 2+, Ork and Imperial have special features that give
them
> immunity, no speak about tyranids...

+AC+ There are other abilities based on Morale in various codex, they
are strange too?

> >Wraithguards
> >

> >They are sophisticated robot-like entities that are powered by the
souls
> >of dead Eldar, through special gems known as spirit stones.
Wraithguards
> >are immune to the restrictions of firing upon Greater Daemons and
> >morale checks.
> >
> >A Wraithguard will always remain within 10cm of a living Eldar
unit and
> >have the same orders as that unit. If they start a turn over 10cm
away
> >from a living Eldar unit the Wraithguard will charge towards the
nearest
> >living Eldar unit and can only enter close combat if the Eldar
unit they
> >are moving towards is engaged in close combat. If the closest unit
within
> >10cm is a Warlock, any orders may be given to the Wraithguard.
Models:
> >Plastic models on the GW Eldar sprue.
>
> Wraithguard should have the same effect for Warlock and Farseer

+AC+ Wraithguards can only be guided by Warlocks from bg.